Thursday, March 11, 2010

MAKEUP!

Good Afternoon my 5 followers!

About 2 weeks ago, my friend Rich and I got together to do a little "photoshoot" with our WONDERFUL volunteer, Kaleigh, who let us do basically whatever we wanted with her. Thanks Kaleigh!

This first shot here is one of my favorites from the shoot. We thought it would be a cool shot to have Kaleigh lay down and pull and twist her hair everywhere so it looked like this:



I don't know why her arms are cut off. I'm not very good at html. Anyway, I did some bright pink and blue shadows underneath her eyes and I added some baby lashes by Ardell, which you can see better in this picture:

This was definitely a huge learning experience for me. It's a lot different doing makeup for an actual photographer with professional lighting than my usual theater makeup stuff. You can see that the lighting picks up everything, and it all shows. So, next time we do another shoot, which will be this Saturday, I'll be a little more prepared. Although Kaleigh was a great model, I'm not 100% happy with the makeup, but again, this was a GREAT learning experience that I'll take with me on future shoots.

And if there's anyone other than my 5 followers reading this, check out Rich Arsenault, the photographer for this shoot: www.RichArsenault.com


No comments:

Post a Comment