Monday, February 15, 2010

Black Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars

Good afternoon, my 3 followers!

Over the weekend I helped out with makeup and wardrobe changes for the Beauty & the Beast show that the Colchester Community Theater put on. It was so much fun! Do I have any pictures of the makeup I did? Of course not. This is why I don't have a makeup portfolio. There are tons of pictures from the show. If anyone is interested... http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/11224462_R5peK#787134266_QDQKu

Here is a recipe for Black Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars that I make REALLY often. The great thing about this recipe is that you can substitute the jam for your favorite flavor. I haven't experimented with other things like chocolate or peanut butter, but I assume you could probably use these things, too. Plus, this recipe is SO EASY!



Things you'll need:

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup [1 stick] butter
3/4 cup seedless jam [pick your favorite!]

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 pan.

Combine all ingredients except seedless jam into a large bowl. The mixture will be crumbly!

Press half the mixture into the bottom of the 8 x 8 pan with the back of a spoon.

Spread your jam evenly on top of the crust, a 1/2 inch away from the side of the pan.

Crumble the other half of the mixture over the jam, and lightly press it into the jam with your fingers or a spoon. It doesn't have to cover all of the jam.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Let cool before you cut to ensure you get nice clean lines, which I like.

I've made this at least 10 times, and although I do the exact same thing EVERY TIME, twice I've messed it up. One time I came back into the kitchen when there was 4 minutes left on the oven timer, and it was already over cooked. This is best eaten warm, and according to my friend Rich, who I mention pretty often in my blogs I'm noticing now, you can eat this for breakfast with whipped cream on top. Perfectly acceptable, obviously.



Funny doggy face thanks you for your time.



This is what the end result should resemble.

Okay, thanks for reading! Tonight I'll be making chicken, soaked in buttermilk and paprika and then breaded with panko and regular bread crumbs with some side dishes that are unimportant and boring like mashed potatoes and zucchini.

1 comment:

  1. "This is best eaten warm, and according to my friend Rich, who I mention pretty often in my blogs I'm noticing now, you can eat this for breakfast with whipped cream on top." - YES!

    I'm following you on twitter, and they should have told me you posted a new blog. I could have missed it though... I started following Kevin Smith and that guy tweets and replies 50+ times a day so I may have missed you in the mess that is my twitter account. I may have to block Kevin - then I'll see the good stuff again.

    ReplyDelete