Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cookies, Oatmeal Bars and Smoked Salmon Pasta with a Creamy Dill sauce.

Hello!

I was really hoping to post my recipes individually, but I've been putting it off because I couldn't figure out how to post a picture on here. And then Rich so politely pointed out to me this morning that the [insert picture] button was right in front of my face.

Before I post my 3 most recent delicious recipes, I want to tell you guys a little story about a woman I met last night at a paranormal lecture. They introduced her as a "sensitive" which to me sounds like she's somewhat of a medium for the spirit world, which I can totally get on board with. Then she starts talking about animals, and how they're more connected to the spirit world than we naturally are, and how she can... talk to animals. Okay, so at this point I'm thinking she's a little bit more weird than we all anticipated but I'm going with it.

And then she says that she sometimes gets words [english words?] from the animals, horses in particular because she's around them more. She says that this horse she recently visited played her a little "movie" of what happened in it's previous life... I pretty much mentally checked out at this point.

Anyway, onward with the food blogging!


My friend and birthday twin, Francis came over one night to play Super Mario Bros. and bake cookies. He made this dough by himself!

Recipe for the dough!

2 1/4 cups [why did my font change? I don't get this site fully yet.] flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract [love this! I pu
t it in everything.]
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips, or in this case, chocolate chunks

Roll into balls



And cook [my font is back] for 9-12 minutes or until just golden brown around the edge at 375 degrees. Francis and I both share an affinity for gooey cookies, so I set the timer for 9 minutes and we watched them closely until the edges were just getting golden brown, took them out and set them on a cookie cooler.



How delicious do these look? By the way, can anyone guess where this famous cookie dough recipe is from?


Let the jealousy set in.

Okay, I lied, there will be a separate post for the other dishes I made since this post took so long and I don't have time for more. I also did makeup for a show over the weekend, but I forgot to take pictures of her/him. Of course.

Thanks for reading and I hope to have posts more often now that I know how to put pictures in!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah! It's Francis, this is my Livejournal username. I love the blog! I should mention though, I wasn't completely honest about the recipe I gave you, HAHA. I should mention that I don't use butter. I use butter-flavored vegetable shortening (crisco). For some reason, it just tastes better (probably because it's unhealthier, haha). And I use what I call an "overflowing" teaspoon of vanilla extract, which probably comes out to about 1 1/2 teaspoons. It just makes the dough taste so yummy! :) So yes, those are my secrets, I figured I'd let you know :)

    ReplyDelete